There are not many things that you can do which will transform your skin in the space of 20 minutes. Our & Coco Bliss Intensive Repair, & Snowflower Illuminating Face Oil and & Gold Rush Eye Balm do a great job overnight but our Bloom of Youth Infusion Mask falls into a class of its own – we call it Express Beauty. In my view, masks are essential if you are flying often, prone to waking up with skin that leaves a lot to be desired, lead an active social life, work long hours, eat foods or drink alcohol which may make your skin look inflamed or if you are basically living in the 21st Century!
We love sheet masks (especially edible ones) because they provide:
1. Deep Penetration = Therapeutic Efficacy. Sheet masks form an occlusive barrier on the skin which allows highly concentrated active ingredients (found in the mask serum) to penetrate the skin and work more effectively than they if you were to just be using a serum or an oil with botanical actives. This is the main reason why a sheet mask works so quickly and efficiently to transform the skin and is one step above serums and oil in terms of their therapeutic efficacy.
2. Edible Ingredients. Given the ingredients of your sheet mask are going to penetrate more deeply into your skin, you want to be sure that they are safe, and preferable edible. The ingredients in your mask liquid have very small particles designed to get deeper into your skin cell layers which makes it even more imperative that your mask is pure as it can be. Look out for common ingredients such as PEGs, preservatives including parabens and phenoxyethanol and mask fibres such as plastic and hydrogels which may be also laden with chemicals. The Bloom of Youth Infusion Mask uses fermented radish root as a natural preservative.
3. Anti-Ageing & Brightening Action. Sheet masks are a real treat when it comes to firming, plumping, reducing fine lines and brightening the skin. Our Bloom of Youth Infusion mask contains Hyaluronic Acid to plump and firm, Aloe Vera to hydrate and soothe, along with an incredible Ayurvedic botanical called Swertia Chirata. This proprietary extract has been clinically proven to reduce fine lines in seven days. It works by reducing the loss of keratinocytes. These are cells in the skin which are responsible for producing keratin which keeps the skin firm and strong. This extract works particularly well on fine lines across the mouth and around the eyes. The brightening fruits in our sheet mask include Finger Lime Caviar, Bilberry and Pomegranate, ingredients which are rich in vitamin C and therefore work to reduce pigmentation, illuminate and enhance collagen production.
4. 100% Bamboo Sheet. Bamboo is a brilliant material for sheet masks as it is naturally rich in silica which helps to firm and strengthen the skin. Look out for sheet masks made out of low grade cotton, gel fibres or unnatural materials which may not be the ideal material to have on your skin.
5. Quick, Easy & Travel Friendly. If you are having trouble getting to a salon every week to have a treatment, sheet masks may be your skin saviour. They take just 20 minutes to use, can be thrown into your hand luggage and can be used whilst on an aeroplane (just keep your head down!), in front of your computer desk (you may need a few extras to share) or just before dozing off to sleep (pop an alarm clock on so you don't dose off).