One bowl 10 minute chocolate and wattleseed lava cake with native berry compote
Recipe by Julie Mitsios from Earth to Table (@earthtotablebondi)
Inspired by Mark Olive’s Chocolate and Wattleseed Self-Saucing Pudding.
This chocolate lava cake is seriously indulgent, filled with gut loving ingredients including our Gut Replenish and Native Collagen Powder and Australian wattleseed.
It is surprisingly easy to make and gluten free and refined sugar free. The perfect dessert to whip together and enjoy – your complexion and taste buds will thank you for it!
Prep: 10 minutes
Equipment: Bowl, ramekin, oven
2 tablespoons flaxseed
1 tablespoon wattleseed
½ cup filtered water
½ cup gluten free flour
¼ cup raw cacao powder
2 tablespoons Edible Beauty Gut Replenish powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
4 teaspoons coconut sugar
pinch of Celtic salt
40gm dark chocolate
Native Berry Compote
1 cup frozen berries, defrosted
1 teaspoon Edible Beauty Native Collagen powder
1 tablespoon maple syrup
For the Lava Cake
- Pre- heat the oven to 180C fan force
- Grease two ramekins with olive oil and dust with cacao powder.
- Place the flaxseed, wattleseed and water into a bowl and whisk together. Allow to sit for 20 min.
- Sift the gluten free flour, raw cacao powder, gut powder and bicarb soda into a medium bowl. Add in the coconut sugar and Celtic salt.
- Add the coconut oil to the flaxseed mix and whisk together.
- Add the flaxseed mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well till everything is combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared ramekin and pop in a 20gm square of dark chocolate into the centre of the mixture.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before turning over onto a plate.
- You may need to go around the sides of the ramekin with a knife to loosen.
- Serve warm with native berry compote.
For the Native Berry Compote
- Place the berries into a saucepan with the maple syrup and heat gently on low for a couple of minutes until the berries have softened. Stir through the Native Collagen powder at the end and serve on top of the Lava cake.