Your Step by Step Guide to Anti-Ageing
Your complexion says a lot about your overall health. And unlike the internal signs of ageing, which may not be visible, skin shows the passing time.
With age, skin can become thinner and more fragile with fine lines becoming more visible. Our philosophy is all about embracing the natural ageing process but slowing it down through a combination of therapeutic botanicals topically, intensely nourishing topical ingredients along with an antioxidant rich diet.
Every woman deserves glowing, youthful skin that’s bursting with vitality. Consider this your topical step by step guide to the fountain of youth.
A targeted topical regimen is essential in turning back the clock on your complexion.
- Balance: Cleansing is one of the most important parts of your daily skincare routine. Formulas that contain sulfates, parabens or synthetic AHAs and BHAs can change the pH of your skin, leaving it prone to sensitivity, UV damage and premature ageing. Our No.1 Belle Frais Cleansing Milk is free of toxins and other nasties. It maintains barrier strength and encourages youthful skin with a combination of nourishing Coconut Oil, moisturising Zizyphus, brightening Fruit Extracts and Salicylic Acid, which purifies without stripping natural oils.
- Plump and smooth: Hyaluronic Acid is a major component of the extracellular matrix. It’s also a key ingredient in our No.3 Exotic Goddess Ageless Serum. The “moisture molecule,” as it’s lovingly known, in conjunction with Beta Glucan helps plump skin by attracting 1,000 times its weight in water. This antioxidant-rich elixir also features White Tea, Edelweiss and Kakadu Plum (the world’s highest plant-based source of vitamin C) to smooth and strengthen.
- Firm and protect: Your peepers requires a little extra TLC. Our & Gold Rush Eye Cream is formulated with Gold Leaf, a luxurious ingredient that’s renowned for its ability to brighten, refine fine lines, soothe inflammation and promote collagen production—essential for keeping skin firm and youthful. Passionfruit and Blueberry have an abundance of antioxidants to protect against UV and free radical damage.
As you age, your cellular turnover slows down. The goal is to speed up this action, while nourishing skin with youth-boosting vitamins and nutrients.
- Encourage cellular renewal: Slowing of the epidermal turnover rate contributes to dullness, loss of fullness and sagging. The secret to healthy, youthful skin is to kickstart this process in a natural way. Our & Desert Lime Micro-Exfoliant sloughs away dead skin, which increases radiance and softness, and ensures that the active anti-ageing ingredients are penetrating deeply into the skin to work their magic.
- Nourish: Slow down cellular ageing for a firm and supple complexion with our Plant Collagen Plumping Serum. This serum of youth infuses the skin with a synergistic blend of Collagen Protein along with Sea Botanicals, abundant in anti-ageing Vitamins, Amino Acids and naturally occurring Peptides. Combined with Seaweed Leaf and antioxidant-rich Purslane and Lychee Extract, this plant-based collagen formula deeply replenishes hydration, lifts the skin and softens line lines to unveil a youthful glow.
- Infuse skin with anti-ageing ingredients: Sheet masks are a great way to keep your complexion smooth and youthful. They form an occlusive barrier, allowing anti-ageing botanicals to quickly and deeply penetrate the skin. Bloom of Youth Infusion Mask is packed with Hyaluronic Acid to plump and hydrate, while silica-rich Bamboo Extract firms and strengthen the skin barrier. Swertia Chirata is clinically proven to reduce the appearance of lines in as little as seven days. Use the mask once or twice weekly for maximum results.
Sadly, in many cases, the products we use to combat our skin concerns can be the very cause of them. These are the topical ingredients ageing complexions should avoid:
- Synthetic fragrances: Synthetic fragrances are a major source of irritation for most skin types and are shown to trigger redness and inflammation.
- Sodium laureth sulfate: Sodium laureth sulfate (commonly added to face wash to make it foam) is what gives skin that squeaky clean feeling. The problem is that it strips skin of its natural oils and leads to over-drying.
- Alcohol: Alcohol is an active ingredient in cleansers, makeup removing wipes, acne treatments and more. The problem is that it breaks down the skin's natural protective barrier, leading to dryness and irritation.
- Preservatives: The types of preservatives found in most beauty formulas, including Parabens, Ethylhexanol and even those claiming to be natural, are among the most common irritants. Instead, we use Sodium Anisate (derived from aniseed) and Sodium Levulinate (a cellulose starch) to keep our products stable.