Five of our favourites and the reason why we love them are in the post below.
Why we love it
- Collagen Neo-Genesis. Containing the world’s highest source of Vitamin C allows the Kakadu Plum to stimulate the production of collagen in the skin, reducing fine lines and wrinkles. Vitamin C also protects the skin against free radical damage.
- Whitening & Brightening. High levels of Vitamin C make Kakadu Plum an effective aid to hyper-pigmentation.
- Enhances Skin Elasticity. Kakadu Plum is rich in ellagic acid which encourages skin elasticity and suppleness in aged skin. Ellagic acid has also been clinically proven to be an effective whitening agent for the skin which makes it effective in reducing pigmentation.
- Anti-inflammatory. Kakadu Plum contains gallic acid which is known for its anti-inflammatory properties which assists in reducing skin redness and inflamed skin conditions.
Desert Lime Extract is a thorny shrub or small tree wild harvested from bushland of the semi-arid regions of Queensland, New South Wales, & South Australia.
- Collagen Support. Flavonoid glycosides present in Desert Lime are effective in stimulating the production of collagen in the skin, reducing fine lines and wrinkles. Byangelicin, an active extract in Desert Lime improves collagen and elastin production in the skin.
- Anti-ageing. Another benefit of Flavonoid glycosides is their strong scavenging action on free radicals and work to intensify the activity of vitamin C, thereby enhancing the antioxidant content of the extract.
- Capillary Strengthening. Flavone Glycosides in Desert Lime work to strengthen capillaries and reduce dark circles.
- Anti-ageing. Wattle seed is rich in amino acids which promotes youthful and supple skin. Gallic acid fond in the Wattle seed encourages skin elasticity and suppleness.
- Promotes Skin Cell Turnover. Triterpenoid saponins (a fancy word for a type of antioxidant) have been found to promote natural cell death and reduce the activation of inflammatory markers in the skin which makes wattle seed a great ingredient for encouraging healthy skin cell regeneration.
- Pore Refining. Wattle seed has an ability to reduce pores and cleanse and purify.
- Anti-ageing. Terpenoids found in Lemon Aspen are a potent anti-wrinkle ingredient in cosmetic preparations. Glycosides also found in Lemon Aspen simulate the growth of collagen in the skin reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Whitening and Brightening. Terpenoids have the benefit of reducing hyperpigmentation and promoting skin whitening.
- Collagen Support. Flavonoid glycosides present in Lemon Aspen are effective in stimulating the production of collagen in the skin, reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
The Snowflower is named after the beautiful white flowers produced by the tree.
- Powerhouse of antioxidants. The Snowflower is abundant in catechins which are 100 times more potent than vitamin C and 25 times more potent than vitamin E. These catechins work to improve skin hydration and increase and restore the luminosity of the skin after sun exposure.
- Brightening. Kaempferol, a flavonoid glycoside present in Snowflower Extract has depigmentation and anti-inflammatory properties. Quercetin, also present in the Snowflower Extract, reduces histamine production thereby reducing inflammation.
- Skin protection. Quercetin is a potent antioxidant which neutralises free radicals and reduces some of the damage they cause. Catechins and Kaempferol glycosides also inhibit skin photoaging induced by UV radiation which makes the Snowflower Extract a potent anti-ageing and photo-protective ingredient.
Where you can find it
& Snowflower Illuminating Face Oil