This quinoa salad is a nutty and wholesome lunch option. The combination of avocado and protein rich quinoa makes this a wonderful salad for balancing hormones reducing skin inflammation and boosting skin hydration whilst keeping hunger levels at bay. Broccoli is abundant in liver loving nutrients to keep the body’s detoxification system in check, whilst edamame beans contain a healthy profile of protein and phytoestrogen to keep the skin looking youthful and firm. Parsley is a beautiful addition to this salad as it a great skin food for balancing oil production.
Happy Hormones Quinoa Salad
- To cook the quinoa, use one part rinsed quinoa to two parts water. Simmer, covered, for 30 to 40 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the germ turns opaque and splits from the seed, it will resemble small curls.
- Toss with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Note: Cooked quinoa will keep for four days in the fridge.
- Lightly boil or steam broccoli and edamame beans.
- Chop the cucumber into small cubes. Cut the avocado into small cubes.
- Combine herbs, quinoa and vegetables in a large bowl.
- Add flaxseed, lemon juice, apple cider and pinch of Himalayan salt.
- Enjoy! Your skin and hormones will love you for it.
Want more tips on how to support your hormones and skin with diet?
In this blog we share 7 must-have superfoods!