Finding new and easy breakfast ideas can be challenging! I am constantly looking at ways to incorporate fibre, antioxidants and taste for breakfast ideas that get the thumbs up. One of my favourite foods which I also prescribe as a “skin food” supplement is the humble chia seed. Chia seeds are a game changer when it comes to getting back your skin glow. Chia seeds are abundant in fibre which removes excess oestrogen and toxins (along with cholesterol if that is an issue) AND they are one of the best ways to get your bowel motions regular again. The below parfait includes blueberries and the Edible Beauty No.10 Butterfly Balancing Blue tea which adds antioxidants and a beautiful colour to the tea. You can prepare the chia gel a day or two ahead and keep it in the fridge and just blend the parfait ingredients before you are ready to gulp this one down for breakfast or dessert.
For Chia Gel
- 4 Tablespoons chia seeds
- ¾ cup almond or coconut milk
- 2 drops stevia
- Vanilla from 1 Vanilla Bean, scraped
Blueberry Parfait Layer
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- ¼ cup Balancing Butterfly Blue Tea
- ¼ cup coconut yoghurt
- 1 Tablespoon Balancing Butterfly Blue Tea (cooled)
- ½ cup of blueberries (fresh)
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup shredded almond flakes
- Brew 1 cup of Balancing Butterfly Blue Tea and let it chill in the fridge
- Make chia gel by combining chia seeds, milk, stevia and vanilla beans in a glass bowl. Place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
- Prepare blueberry layer by combining frozen blueberries and tea in a blender.
- Mix coconut yoghurt and Balancing Butterfly Blue Tea in a glass bowl.
- When ready to serve, give the chia gel a stir. Take a clear parfait glass and layer chia gel, blueberry parfait and coconut layer in this order. Before repeating with more chia gel, sprinkle a layer of fresh blueberries, shredded coconut and almond flakes. Repeat with a layer of chia gel, blueberry parfait and coconut yoghurt. Top with blueberries and shredded almond flakes.
- Serve chilled.