6 Pantry Items You Can Use to Transform Your Beauty
It is surprising how many common pantry items can be used to create nourishing and highly effective home beauty treatments. Check out these six common foods and drinks that can transform your skin and hair, at no cost!
- Olive Oil – Olive oil has a chemical structure that matches that of the skin, so works wonderfully to provide intense hydration. Mix olive oil with sea salt (use a ratio of 2:1) for a hydrating body scrub or use it as an overnight hand mask by lathering it on your hands before going to bed and popping on some cotton gloves for more intense hydration.
- Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) – ACV is a fermented food so contains live cultures along with anti-microbial properties and natural AHA’s. Use it to strengthen and make your hair shine. Simply mix 3 tablespoons of ACV with 100 ml of warm water and rinse through the hair, massaging through the scalp after shampoo and conditioner.
- Avocado - Avocado has a unique profile of essential fatty acids so makes a wonderful ingredient for a DIY face mask. Use it alongside your Native Collagen Beauty powder for a delectable face mask which hydrates and balances oil production. The recipe combines 1/4 avocado, 1/2 lime juiced, 1 tablespoon oatmeal, 1 teaspoon coconut nectar, 2 tablespoons coconut yogurt and 1 heaped tablespoon collagen or vitamin C powder. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Stir until combined together well. Apply the mask to a clean face and relax for 20 minutes, then rinse off. Check out our Youtube video on this here:
- Coffee Bags – Coffee is a stimulant and works equally as well on the skin as in the body. Use it to boost circulation and oxygenation to the skin, in particular the under-eye area. If you can find coffee “tea” bags, soak the coffee bags in hot water, let them cool then apply on the eye area. Leave for 15-20 minutes to banish dark circles!
- Green Tea – Green Tea works well as a balancing toner due to its ability to balance the skin PH and help the skin to appear brighter and radiant. Make a strong cup of 1 Green Goddess Detox Tea, add 2 drops of rose geranium oil (if you have it) and 1 tablespoon of witch hazel (you can find this in your supermarket). Pour it into a bottle with a spray mist and apply directly to the face or apply using cotton wool after cleansing.
- Rosemary Essential Oil – This beauty essential oil is fantastic to have at hand, to alleviate headaches and also to improve hair growth and strength. Simply mix a few drops of rosemary essential oil with olive or coconut oil, and apply it to your scalp. Leave it in for at least 10 minutes before washing it out with shampoo. It will help to boost circulation to the hair and improve cellular regeneration.