Fountain of Youth Elixir Recipe
Edible Beauty teas make the perfect base for smoothies, adding an incredible depth of flavour and enhancing the nutrition of your favourite liquid delights.
One of the most versatile teas for this purpose is No. 2 Fountain of Youth Tea. This tastes wonderful hot, iced with a squeeze of lime and/or frozen berries or as a base of an ultra antioxidant rich smoothie blend.
The recipe below is simple yet efficiently combines super-charged antioxidant-rich ingredients to create a potent youth and beauty boosting cocktail. The three ingredients which make this smoothie unique include:
- Hibiscus: Hibiscus has been used as a traditional remedy in many Asian, African and Caribbean countries for years. Hibiscus is high antioxidants, which fight cellular damage and support the immune system. The natural chemicals in hibiscus also are known to benefit cardiovascular health, promote digestive and bowel regularity.
- Pineapple & Papaya: This tisane contains the fruit superstars of anti-ageing. Pineapple and Papaya are abundant in natural Alpha-Hydroxy Acids (AHA’s) and regularly feature in many anti-ageing skin formulas. Papaya also contains papain, a natural enzyme that promotes skin renewal and cell turnover to provide an all over glow.
- Maqui Berry: Maqui berry (Aristotelia chilensis) is an intensely purple berry that grows wild throughout parts of southern Chile. Maqui berries contain unusually high levels of anthocyanins (antioxidants) called delphinidins. The delphinidins demonstrate potent anti-inflammatory activity, and a powerful ability to fight against oxidative stress. Studies show this compound is what gives the berries the ability to assist in regulating blood sugar levels, protecting against bowel cancer and assist weight loss. The berries have a wonderful sweet tart flavour described as a combination of blackberries, blueberries, watermelon and acai.
- 1.5 cups of No. 2 Fountain of Youth Tea brewed and cooled
- 0.5 cups of frozen mixed berries
- 0.5 cups of frozen cherries
- 0.5 cups of chopped pineapple (optional)
- 2 teaspoons of Maqui Berry powder
- 1/4 vanilla bean either whole or beans scraped
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until combined. Serve cold garnished with fresh berries and a sprinkle of Maqui berry powder.