These Two Products Can Revolutionise Your Skincare Routine
Serums are antioxidant and nutrient rich product which unlike a lotion and face oil are water-based. The particles of a serum are tiny and designed to easily penetrate into the skin to maximise their therapeutic benefits. I am a firm believer that we all need to be using an anti-oxidant serum which will protect our skin from external and internal stressors (at any age). These are ultimately what end up ageing our skin. But you especially need a serum in your life if you have:
- Fine lines or wrinkles;
- Skin that is sagging or losing its elasticity;
- Pigmentation or dark spots on the skin; and/or
- Sun damage.
A good quality serum should contain an abundance of vitamin C, hyaluronic acid and botanicals rich in phytonutrients and antioxidants designed to:
- Plump and firm;
- Reduce pigmentation and dark ageing spots;
- Protect the skin against sun damage and reverse damage of skin that has already been damaged;
- Support skin collagen and elasticity; and
- Slow down the breakdown of collagen and elastin which occurs as a result of the natural ageing process.
Face oils are designed to provide the skin with extra hydration and nutrition. They have slightly larger molecules so will not penetrate the skin as deeply.
- Dry, flaky skin;
- Sensitive skin or a tendency towards eczema, redness or rosacea;
- Dull or lack lustre skin; and/or
- Pigmentation or dark spots on the skin.
A good quality face oil should contain nourishing, botanical oils which are rich in antioxidant rich seed oils, anti-inflammatory ingredients to reduce redness and oils which are bio-identical to the skin’s natural oils such as Jojoba designed to:
- Deeply nourish and hydrate;
- Calm and soothe the skin, reducing redness and inflammation;
- Brighten the skin and provide it with a natural radiant glow;
- Eliminate pigmentation and dark spots.
- Always apply a face oil or serum after cleansing and toning to ensure the particles are deeply penetrating the skin for maximum absorption and efficacy.
- Ensure you are exfoliating the skin at least once or twice a week such that the active ingredients in your serum and oil are allowed to penetrate the skin and do not sit on the skin surface.
- If you are using both a serum and an oil, be sure to apply the serum first, follow with an oil and then lock in all moisture using a cream or lotion as your final step.
- Blend your face oil into your foundation if you are feeling it is not gliding on properly.
- Use your face oil under your eyes for additional brightening of dark circles.
- Pop your serum onto your lips for a natural plumping effect! The hyaluronic acid attracts 1,000 times its weight in water – who needs botox.
Our No.3 Exotic Goddess Ageless Serum contains
- Kakadu Plum is a wildcrafted Australian ingredient which contains a huge punch of vitamin C. It contains the world’s highest level of vitamin C, which helps to protect and support the skin cells, reduces inflammation, strengthens, and lessens hyper-pigmentation. The added benefits of Ellagic acid and Gallic acid in the Kakadu Plum encourage collagen production and skin repair and help reduce inflammation, making the Kakadu Plum a star anti-ageing ingredient.
- White Tea similar to the tea that you drink, white tea in skincare is also a rich source of catechins which help to protect the skin against damage. One of the most incredible things about studies done on white tea is that it has been shown to reduce the breakdown of collagen and elastin and to also protect the skin from DNA damage caused by UV light exposure.
- Eldeweiss is an anti-ageing botanical superstar, helping to protect and reverse the effects of sun damage. It assists in stimulating blood circulation, skin renewal and cell elasticity, counteracting the typical decline in resiliency of the ageing skin. Eldeweiss is also rich in chlorogenic acid, a powerful antioxidant which acts to protect the skin from free radical damage and ageing.
- Hyaluronic Acid is a natural plumping agent which attracts 1,000 times its weight in water. It is a humectant that surges water deep into the skin. This acts to improve skin pliability and plumping to relieve fine lines, helping to maintain healthy hydration levels, and prevent trans-epidermal water loss.
- Snowflower Seed Oil named after the white, fluffy flowers of the plant, Snowflower Seed Oil reduces pigmentation, sunspots and enhances brightness and illumination of the skin. It is a potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory which also encourages skin cell renewal.
- Emu Apple Seed are berries which have the flavour of apple. They are unique in their free radical scavenging properties, and contain four times more antioxidants than blueberries. Their strong antioxidant content protects the skin from ageing.
- Jojoba Seed Oil contains wax esters which are very similar to those found on the skin itself. It is a miracle oil in reducing inflammation and encouraging skin suppleness.
- Camellia Seed Oil contains over 98% long-chain fatty acids. The unusual chemistry contains more carbon atoms than other edible oils, making it an excellent emollient oil that is intensely moisturising without being greasy. When applied to the skin it forms a moisture barrier to aid the skin in preventing moisture loss.
- Kakadu Plum Seed Oil contains the world’s highest concentration of nutrient-available vitamin C. When applied topically it restores the skin’s antioxidant defence system protecting the dermis from degradation and stimulates pro-collagen and hyaluronic acid to help reduce wrinkles, improve skin texture, enhance skin radiance and resilience and protect against UV related sun damage.