Dullness is a common concern—especially as you age and cellular turnover slows. Factors such as diet, pollution and weather can also contribute to a ho-hum complexion.
Every woman deserves skin that’s bursting with vitality. Luckily, there are steps you can take to restore your youthful glow.
We have created this holistic routine that combines topical products and healthy habits (e.g., eating clean and drinking plenty of H20) to reveal a more radiant you. The beauty of this plan is that you can expect brighter, more luminous skin in as little as two weeks.
Stage 1: Week 1 - 3
Wondering how to revive a lacklustre complexion? Give your skin a glow-y boost with a daily regimen of targeted topicals.
- Cleanse: Washing your face is an essential step. But the last thing you want is a product that strips skin of natural oils. Steer clear of foaming formulas and opt for a gentle creamy emulsion like our No.1 Belle Frais Cleansing Milk. Antioxidant-rich coconut oil sweeps away impurities and build-up that can cause dullness, while fruit extracts boost radiance and even tone.
- Exfoliate: The secret to a healthy, youthful complexion is to kickstart the epidermal turnover process. Our & Desert Lime Micro-Exfoliant sloughs away dead cells, which increases luminosity and softness, and ensures that the active ingredients are penetrating deeply into the skin to work their magic. Dry brushing is another beneficial practice to introduce into your daily routine.
- Brighten: The right face oil can do wonders for your complexion! Our & Sunflower Illuminating Face Oil contains a cocktail of wildcrafted active botanicals, including kakadu plum, snowflower seed and jojoba, that stimulate collagen, inject vitality and brighten skin.
- Highlight: Want to achieve otherworldly beauty in a flash? Our & Luminous Angel Drops are perfect mixed into foundation for an instant hit of lustrousness. Prickly pear seed oil infuses vibrancy and tourmaline crystals boost circulation, while light-reflecting pigments and mica provide a subtle sparkle.
Stage 2: Week 4+
Without adequate nourishment and hydration, your complexion can become dull and dry. These nutrient-rich formulas will free you from lusterless skin troubles.
- Hydrate: Hyaluronic acid holds 1,000 times its weight in water. Give skin a rush of hydration with our No.3 Exotic Goddess Ageless Serum. Powered by this miracle molecule, it replenishes natural moisture reserves and helps plump skin.
- Rejuvenate: Your peepers requires a little extra TLC. Our & Gold Rush Eye Cream is formulated with gold leaf, a luxurious ingredient that’s renowned for its ability to brighten, refine fine lines, soothe inflammation and promote collagen production. Passionfruit and blueberry have an abundance of antioxidants to protect against UV and free radical damage.
- Boost radiance: While you snooze, your body goes into repair mode, so a revitalising overnight treatment is a must. Our & Sleeping Beauty Purifying Mousse is packed with aloe vera, avocado (5 Alpha Avocuta) and snowflower seed oil to nourish and replenish moisture, so you wake up looking radiant and well rested.
Ingredients to Avoid
Sadly, in many cases, the products we use to combat our skin concerns can be the very cause of them. Avoid these topical ingredients that can contribute to dull, lacklustre skin
- Sodium laureth sulfate: Sodium laureth sulfate (commonly added to face wash to make it foam) is what gives skin that squeaky clean feeling. The problem is that it strips skin of its natural oils and leads to over-drying.
- Alcohol: Alcohol is an active ingredient in cleansers, makeup removing wipes, acne treatments and more. The problem is that it breaks down the skin's natural protective barrier, leading to dryness and irritation.
- Synthetic fragrances: Synthetic fragrances are a major source of irritation for most skin types and are shown to trigger redness and inflammation.
- Preservatives: The types of preservatives found in most mainstream formulas, including parabens, ethylhexanol and even those claiming to be natural, are among the most common irritants. Instead, we use sodium anisate (derived from aniseed) and sodium levulinate (a cellulose starch) to keep our products stable.
Gorgeous, glowing skin starts from within. What you eat and drink plays an important role in establishing brilliant beauty from the inside, out.
- Stock up on fibre: A happy gut begets a clear, radiant complexion. Fibre is crucial for optimal digestive function. Get your fix by making lentils, almonds and flaxseed part of your daily diet.
- Increase vitamin C: Rev up your glow-getting regimen with vitamin C. Kakadu plum, hibiscus and maqui are excellent sources.
- Eat more healthy fats: Combat dullness by incorporating omega-rich foods like flax, walnuts and avocado into your diet. Fatty acids help skin retain moisture, making it plump and supple.
- Up your H20 intake: Aim to drink at least 2 litres of water daily. You can add lemon juice and chlorophyll to improve hydration. Non-caffeinated, herbal tea like our No.4 Golden Glow Tea is another great option.
- Avoid notorious dehydrators: Caffeine, alcohol, high-sodium foods and processed meats draw valuable water reserves and lead to lacklustre skin. Best to skip ‘em and fill your plate with hydrating and omega-rich ingredients.
- Care for your liver: The liver is a detoxifying powerhouse that promotes healthy, luminous skin. To make sure this vital organ is running at peak performance, chow down on foods such as cruciferous veggies and turmeric. Thirsty? Sip on our No. 1 Green Goddess Detox Tea, an herbal tisane that supports liver function with milk thistle, schizandra and dandelion root.