Our newest oil addition to the Edible Beauty family, & Exotic Seed of Youth Oil, blends five prized oils extracted from exotic seeds and botanicals including Marula, Sacha Inchi and Sandalwood. This potent synergy of nourishing ingredients is rich in Omega fatty acids designed to enhance skin elasticity and to strengthen the skin barrier without clogging pores. To find out more about why we have including these unique oils in our newest anti-ageing gem, read on.
What is it? Marula Oil is harvested from the nut inside the sweet marula fruit and has been a hallmark skincare cure-all for the Ovambo women in northern Namibia for centuries.
Why is it so unique? Cold-pressed Marula oil is a deeply hydrating, antioxidant rich oil which will not break you out. The oil is:
- Abundant in Omega fatty acids. Marula is specifically rich in Omega 9 (containing over 75% Omega 9) which means it penetrates the skin very deeply, making it super-fast absorbing.
- Non-comedogenic. Due to its very high omega fatty acid content and fast absorption rate, so it won't clog your pores.
- Antioxidant-rich. Marula contains 60% more antioxidants than other oils (even Argan oil). It has an abundance of vitamin C and E which both work together to repair free radical damage that accelerate ageing.
- An anti-ageing treasure. Marula oil has been shown to improve skin elasticity and reduce the appearance of fine lines and deep-set wrinkles.
It will leave your skin
- Hydrated without feeling greasy. Marula oil absorbs deeply and easily into the skin as the omega fatty acids it contains has molecules which are much smaller than the molecules of traditional hydrating oils.
- Blemish free. Marula's advanced hydrating and antimicrobial properties mean it can help to fight blemishes and even reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks. Providing the skin with unrefined, pure oils ensures the skin does not overproduce oil as it is not dehydrated which means you will have fewer breakouts.
- The rich fatty acid and antioxidant content of the oil will fight free radicals and keep skin looking and feeling soft and youthful.
Sacha Inchi Seed Oil
What is it? Sacha Inchi nut oil is derived from the seeds and flesh of the fruit pracaxi. The tree is native to the area surrounding the Amazon River.
Why is it so unique: Sacha Inchi seed is a potent Omega-3 rich oil which will leave the skin nourished and revitalised without clogging pores. The seeds are:
- Rich in Omega-3s. Sacha inchi contains over 40% Omega-3 fatty acids making it one of the richest plant based sources of Omega 3 (compare this to avocado which has only 1-2% and coconut oil which has 10%). Omega 3 fatty acids ensure the skin’s moisture levels are being kept intact and that skin elasticity is being supported.
- Abundant in anti-ageing pro-vitamin A and E. Sacha Inchi oil contains high levels of vitamin E and precursors to vitamin A, key antioxidants for supporting collagen production, helping to maintain skin elasticity, evening skin tone and reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Barrier restoring. Sacha Inchi seeds are loaded with protein which helps to restore your skin’s natural barrier, protecting it from the environment and reducing skin hypersensitivity.
- Anti-inflammatory. The high levels of Omega-3s found in Sacha Inchi seeds make it an anti-inflammatory skincare ingredient, helpful for skin conditions including acne, eczema and rosacea.
It will leave your skin:
- Sacha’s abundance of anti-ageing vitamins ensures the skin is kept soft, supple and that fine lines are kept at bay.
- Hydrated, clear and bright. Sacha inchi seeds provide anti-inflammatory action which reduces skin redness and sensitivity.
- The barrier restoring properties of Sacha Inchi improve the skin’s resilience.
Sandalwood Seed (note, not the wood that the familiar fragrance is derived from)
What is it? Sandalwood, growing in the desert and arid regions of West Australia, is well renowned for its fragrant heartwood, but also holds another prized gift, an elixir for the skin entrapped in its seed.
Why is it unique? Sandalwood tree produces a large seed during the cooler winter, this seed is rich in oils containing one of the rarest fatty acids found in the world - ximenynic acid. For centuries, Aboriginal people have used the Sandalwood seed kernel as medicine. These seeds provide:
- Enhanced blood circulation. Sandalwood seed is rich in the unique Xymenic Acid (over 38%) which has been shown in studies to increase micro- circulation to the skin. This unique blood flow enhancing property provides it with the ability to combat oiliness, boost skin cell regeneration and enhance skin firmness and elasticity.
- Hydrating and anti-inflammatory benefits. High levels of xymenic acid and Omega-9 fatty acids provide Sandalwood with redness reducing and skin restoring properties making it helpful for sensitive skin and skin prone to redness and rosacea.
- Enhanced firmness and skin texture. Increased blood flow to the skin means that cells are being provided with the nourishment and oxygen they need to repair, revitalise and reproduce ensuring the skin is kept firm and that elasticity is maintained.
It will leave your skin:
- Radiant and youthful. Enhanced blood flow to the skin results in an enhanced smooth and radiant glow.
- Ultra-nourished. High levels of Omega-s leave the skin ultra-nourished and hydrated without promoting greasiness.
- Balanced. Due to its ability to penetrate the skin deeply and reduce skin inflammation, this oil leaves the skin balanced without promoting oil production.
Our & Exotic Seed of Youth Oil combines Sandalwood Seed, Marula and Sacha Inchi Seed along with Squalane (olive oil derivrd), Kahlaria Melon Seed and Sea Buckthorn to produce an Omega-rich formula with advanced-hydration and anti-ageing properties to leave your skin clear, nourished and youthful.