Whilst many beauty brands claim to be natural, organic and plant-based, this does not mean they are vegan or cruelty-free. One of our core principles as a company is being cruelty free, vegan and earth-friendly.
We are passionate about providing therapeutic skincare formulas that are 100% botanical and plant derived and do not believe animals should be (or need to be!) harmed in the process of enhancing our beauty.
Our products are vegan which means we do not use any animal ingredients, animal-derived products or animal by-products. We can also and confirm that we are cruelty free and have not had any testing done on animals at any stage of a product's creation, manufacture or distribution.
We are independently owned and have not had any involvement with a parent company, subsidiary or a commissioned third-party lab that engages in animal testing.
Our skincare uses the below vegan alternatives to common animal derived ingredients:
- Glycerin - Glycerin can be produced from the saponification of animal fats, typically tallow. We use glycerin which is derived from vegetable oils in all of our products.
- Hyaluronic Acid- This ingredient is popular in skincare due to its ability to plump the skin and attract 1000 times in water. Sadly, hyaluronic acid is typically derived from Rooster Combs. We use a vegan alternative which is derived from the bacterial bio-fermentation of glucose in our anti-ageing serum, No.3 Exotic Goddess Ageless Serum. This is equally as therapeutic as its animal derived counterpart.
- Beeswax - We avoid the use of beeswax in all products. Beeswax has been linked to a contrived environment and cruel environment for bees and whilst ultra hydrating and healing, there are many alternatives that can be used in its place. We use Candelilla Wax, Macadamia Nut Butter and Rice Bran to create a protective and nourishing wax in our lip balm product, Goddess on the Go balm and Candelilla Wax for its barrier action in our barrier cream, Mum & Bub Coco Barrier Crème.
- Lanolin - We avoid the use of lanolin which is derived from sheared wool. In most instances the sheep from which the lanolin has been extracted has been slaughtered. Lanolin is a common ingredient in hand cream, mascara and lip balms. We use Candelilla Wax to create a nourishing and protective wax in our Goddess on the Go balm and our barrier cream, Mum & Bub Coco Barrier Crème.
- Stearic Acid. This is an emulsifying wax used in many skincare products to prevent loss of hydration. When animal-derived it is derived from a fat from cows, pigs, and sheep and from dogs and cats euthanised in animal shelters. Our products use emulsifying waxes derived from cocoa and shea butters which contain nine times the amount of animal-derived stearic acid.
- Collagen. These ingredients are commonly found in anti-ageing products that plump and re-structure the skin. Collagen is normally derived from hydrolysed animal skin and connective tissue. There are so many botanical alternatives to collagen which are rich in Vitamin A, C, E including coconut oil, shea butter, cocoa butter and nourishing oils such as rosehip, snowflower seed and jojoba. These oils are effective at enhancing skin elasticity and skin firmness. You will find these in our Vanilla Silk Lotion and Coco Bliss Intensive Repair cream.
Please be sure to reach out to us if you are vegan or conscious of animal cruelty and requiring assistance finding vegan and cruelty-free products. We would love to be of help.