Christmas desserts need not be beauty detractors. Earth to Table (@earthtotablebondi) founder Julie Mitsios has created the below vegan and gluten free mini Christmas puddings which make a great alternative to traditional puddings which tend to be laden with sugar and preservatives. Moist and bursting with flavour, these treats pack a nutritional punch. Refined sugar free, date free and grain free they are the perfect Christmas gift or dessert!
Mini Raw Christmas Puddings Recipe
By Julie Mitsios from Earth to Table
Ingredients (makes 14):
1 cup figs (soaked in warm water 15min)
2 tbsps coconut oil
1 orange zest
2 cups almond meal
2 cups dessicated coconut
½ cup dried mulberries
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup currants
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
¼ tsp nutmeg
pinch Himalayan salt
¼ cup coconut butter
stevia, to taste
1) Place the soaked figs in the food processor.
2) Add coconut oil and zest of 1 orange.
3) Process till a smooth paste is formed.
4) Add remaining dry ingredients and process till it all comes together.
5) Add some water if mix is too dry depending upon your almond meal.
6) Form into rounds or use a muffin mould if available.
7) Dehydrate if desired 4-6 hours or simply refrigerate.
8) To make Frosting warm coconut butter and add a few drops of stevia to taste.
9) Spoon over the cooled puddings and refrigerate until firm.