These treats are balls of goodness. What we truly love about them is that they are naturally sweetened with goji berries and stevia which makes them very low glycaemic index. They also provide an abundance of healthy fats, anti-oxidants and fibre which means you can enjoy one or two of these daily without any guilt!
- Hemp Seeds are the “perfect protein” not only containing all 20 amino acids, but also each of the nine essential amino acids that our bodies cannot produce. They are rich in soluble and un-soluble fibre which naturally cleanses the colon and reduces sugar cravings. Hemp seeds also have the perfect Omega 6 to Omega 3 ratio making them wonderful for soothing inflammatory skin conditions.
- Goji berries are an abundant source of beta carotene which helps to promote healthy skin.
- Cinnamon is super rich in antioxidants and has a blood sugar lowering effect making it perfect for fighting insulin resistance.
Makes 8 balls
1/2 cup sunflower seeds (activated if possible)
1/2 cup hemp seeds
1/2 cup raw carob powder or cacao for a chocolate version
1/4 cup goji berries
3 tablespoons spirulina
3 tablespoons tahini
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/4 tsp stevia powder
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
• Place everything in a food processor and blend till well incorporated and the mixture comes together to form nice, round balls.
• Place mix in a bowl and form into balls.
• Blitz the goji berries and coconut in a small spice grinder.
• Coat the balls with the coating and refrigerate for 30 minutes until firm.