- Place the Tahini, brown rice syrup and water in a high speed blender. Blend on low till smooth.
- Add the cacao butter, Native Collagen powder and a pinch of salt to the blend and blend till incorporated.
- Taste and adjust sweetener if needed.
- Place in a container in the fridge overnight to set.
- The following day melt your chocolate in a double boiler.
- Take mixture out of your fridge.
- Using a small ice cream scoop make balls or simply roll with your hands.
- Place in freezer to set the outside for 15mins.
- Dip into melted chocolate! Alternately you can simply roll into some extra Native Plant-Based Collagen Powder or desiccated coconut to coat with right after you have made the mix into balls.
- Enjoy! Can be stored in the fridge.
These Collagen Beauty Truffles are a luxurious and healthy upgrade from regular chocolate eggs, making them the perfect naughty-but-nice Easter treat! You certainly won't need to feel guilty if you polish off these anti-ageing, glow-enhancing treats over the long weekend. Plus, they taste so delicious that the whole family will enjoy them sans refined sugar, dairy or gluten - bonus!
Easter Collagen Beauty Truffles
By Julie Mitsios from Earth to Table
Makes 12 Balls
3/4 cup tahini
1/3 cup brown rice syrup
1/4 cup water
1/3 cup melted cacao butter
2 tablespoons Native Plant-Based Collagen Powder
Pinch of Himalayan or sea salt
1 cup dark chocolate (we recommend a raw vegan, refined sugar free variety)